This post is now closed.
Winners have been announced. Click here to see if you won.
Thank you so much to everyone who partipated in helping raise awareness for this important cause!!!!!
This first time event will bring bloggers from across the United States together to raise awareness for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We have lots of great prizes to be won for bloggers and non-bloggers.
Make sure to visit the Friends of Heroes blog each day during the event for a chance to win these great prizes as you learn more blood cancer and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Monday - Welcome to the event (win a $25.00 Starbucks Gift Card)
- Tuesday - Light the Night Walks (a $30 gift certificate to The Blue Top Hat plus a cookie card and cookies from the Greeting Cookie.)
- Wednesday - Every Dollar Counts Toward a Cure (handmade soap and 5 pairs of sterling silver earrings.)
- Thursday: FOH and Their Affliates - Partners in Eradicating Pediatric Blood Cancer ($50 gift certificate to Susan Murphy, Inc.)
- Friday: Our Fifth Season as a Team and 5 sets of vinyls wall decals (value=$48.00) courtesy of Stakersensations.
- Saturday: Pediatric Cancer Research - Why Is It Important? (Princess purse and ribbon tutu from Pretty Posh Princess and 1-Disc necklace from the signature collection courtesey of Circle of Sentiments)
- Sunday: A Beautiful Future of Life Lived; Not A Life Lost (Fused glass pendant from Lucky Girl Trading Company & Tess shopping bag (value=$20.00) courtesey of Mimsi Bags)
- Monday: Blogging for Blood Cancer a week of great posts and new friends (It’s a Glam Thing beauty gift basket (value=$175) courtesy of It’s a Glam Thing)
- Grand prize - $900 Timberland and Lacoste product assortment, including duffle bags, totes, luggage tags, backpack, key ring, i-pod cases, and purse, courtesy of Samsonite. (This will be drawn from all the comments throughout the event)
Goodies for Mom is "Blogging for Blood Cancer" too:
- Easy Ways to Help Support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - 8/17/2008
- Buy A Sara Rose Tutu and Help LLS - 8/16/2008
- 7 Random Facts About "Me" with a Twist - 8/15/2008
- Bringing Hope for a Brighter Future - 8/15/2008
- RAISING AWARENESS - Why It Ultimately Is Better Than Just Raising Funds - 8/14/2008
- Battling for Blood Cancer Patients - 8/13/2008
- The Trish Green Back To School Program for the Child with Cancer - 8/12/2008
- How did I get involved with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? - 8/11/2008
HOW TO WIN HERE:
We have lots of great prizes to win here too if you help us raise awareness! Here how you can win:
- Bloggers: Post about the importance of blood cancer research, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Friends of Heroes, The Light Night Walks, or how you have been touched by blood cancer. Please include a link to the Friends of Heroes blog (http://www.friendsofheroes.org/blog) and this post. Also make sure to tell us in your post what prize you'd most like to win. Then leave us a link directly to your post below on MR LINKY. (1 chance to win for each post you make, so make sure to post each day during the event for up to 7 chances to win.)
- Non-bloggers: Even if you don't have a blog, you can get a chance to win too. Just e-mail five (5) friends about this event and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Then leave us comment as your commitment that you've sent the e-mail. E-mail 5 friends each day for more chances to win. Make sure to tell us in your comment what prize you'd like to win most.
- Contest closes Monday, August 18, 2008 at 12:00PM EST.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
- 10,000 Entrecard Credits, courtesy of Eyespi20.com, Travelin' Show, My Reading Nook, Øblog, Chihuatude, Abhishek Deshpande, and the Cushie Pushie Breast Support Pillow.
- Signature Floral Half Locket (value=$205), courtesy of The Fine Art of Family.
- $50 American Express Gift Card
- $50 Gift Card from Lord and Taylor
- A customized tutus courtesy of Sara Rose Tutus.
- 100% organic cotton kimono set for baby (pink or blue up to 24 months) from Go Natural Baby™ LLC
- 100% organic cotton T-Shirt with Coco Pants ( sizes from 3 months - 4T) (choice of three colors for the t-shirt and matching pants) from Go Natural Baby™ LLC
- Washcloth Candies 6-Pack (customized to the winners color choice of pink, blue, or neutral) from Bullfrogs and Butterflies
- Set of announcements or invitations from Bellababy Creations
- Princess tiara, bells, and tutu (value=$15.00) courtesy of Stakersensations
- A baby bundle and pacifier/toy clip (value=$25.00) courtesy of Stakersensations
- Taggie ball from Creatively Inclined Moms
- BusyBodyBook Family Calendar (4 winner, 1 each of 4 designs), courtesy of Busy Body Book.
- Sheath Style Apron (value=$39.00) & Tea Towel (value=$12.00) in Black ala Mode, courtesy of The Hip Hostess
- Embroidered Duck Satineesnug (value=$19.95) from My Embroidered Gifts
- 4-in-1 Nursing Shawls ($30) plus a Sleeveless Overall (value=$13.50) from Loved Baby
- Karma Kidz Bath & Body Sample Set, worth $15+ from Karma Kiz
- Cozy! square blanket (value=$35.00) courtesy of Baby*Fad
- Twilight Party Invitations from Twilightations
- Sterling Silver Round Precious Images Charm with ball chain necklace (value=$50.00) from My Forever Child