One lucky Goodies for Mom reader will win two (2) free music or voice lessons with the TakeLessons Certified Instructor of their choice.
TakeLessons is one of America’s leading resources for booking music and voice lessons.
With the popularity of shows like American Idol and America’s Got Talent, young hopefuls are lining up to take music and voice lessons in hopes of being the next Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, or Taylor Hicks. While there is no shortage of music and voice teachers ready and willing, there are many factors you should consider when searching for an instructor for your children.
To help TakeLessons’ founder and CEO, Steven Cox has developed a short checklist to help find safe and trustworthy instructors. Cox recommends teachers should:
- Have passed a criminal background check
- Have positive feedback from other students
- Have earned a degree in music, have several years of experience in music, or working on a degree
- Be a good listener; I.e. be more focused on you, and less on themselves
- Be clear on what is expected of you each week, hold you accountable for practicing and continued growth, and provide you with timely and specific feedback
- Use technology to help keep track of lessons and monitor your growth
- Offer the option for you to perform at a local concert or recital
- Help you get excited about learning and staying involved with lessons?
Safety is always a number one concern for parents, and TakeLessons understands this, which is why all of the company’s instructors are thoroughly screened before being accepted. Students can qregister via TakeLessons.com or by phone for local, private lessons with a TakeLessons Certified™ Instructor.
Teachers accepted by TakeLessons have passed a rigorous certification process that includes educational background, teaching experience, references, a criminal background check and more, to ensure a safe and rewarding learning experience. In addition, teachers enjoy the benefit of spending less time looking for students and more time teaching them.
ENTER TO WIN
To enter the giveaway, just visit TakeLessons and tell us the name of an instructor near you and what type of lesson your little star would be interested in taking. Deadline is Monday, May 26, 2009 at midnight EST. Open to US residents only.
More Chances to Win
Extra entries for:
- Linking to this contest
- Subscribing to our feed, follow us on Twitter or following us with Blogger,
- Having a link or button to the Goodies for Mom site on your site
- Tweeting about this giveaway
Just leave us a separate comment for each letting us know. Make sure to share your links with us.
TakeLessons is America's premier company for booking private music and voice lessons. It was founded in 2004 to help people discover their creativity and pursue their passions. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, TakeLessons instructors’ offices and studios are located in over 400 cities across the U.S.
[Visit TakeLessons now.]