Friday, March 28, 2008

Lead Found in Popular Diaper Bags/Changing Pads

According to the Center for Environmental Health , products that tested positive for lead include "Baby Got Bag," Disney's "Dolly" and "Baby Necessities" at Kmart; "George" at Wal-Mart; and Carters "Out 'N About" at Babies R Us.

Ok, this is particularly scary for me because I have one of these diaper bags that I bought at Wal-Mart and absolutely love :( Guess I'll be in the market for a new diaper bag pretty much immediately.

[Read more]

Source: Daily Herald

3 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Thanks for the tip. It can get so scary thinking about all the different potential sources of bad things.

I'm just dropping by for the UBP. Better late than never, right?

Your blog looks great -- informative and fun. Will be checking you out more!

Anonymous said...

Brutal!!!!! I have a Carter's diaper bag!!!!!!!!!

This is just crazy this lead stuff!

Anonymous said...

The lead was only found in the changing pad for the George bag. Just toss that away and you could still use the bag.

Yesterday I tried to buy that bag at Walmart and they couldn't sell it to me, but they didn't know why. I found out today the lead was 8 times the standard. Wish I could have bought it anyways, we don't use changing pads...too bulky.