The winner receive the following great eco-friendly products from Seventh Generation:
- Seventh Generation backpack
- two canisters of Seventh Generation disinfecting wipes (one for home and one to donate to your child´s classroom),
- disinfecting multi-surface spray cleaner,
- facial tissue and
- paper towels
With nearly 22 million school days lost each year due to the common cold and flu (CDC) and as many as 2.7 million bacterial found per square inch on common school surfaces (NSF International), it´s no wonder that 82 percent of parents with kids in grades K-5 fret about the germs in their children´s classrooms (according to a survey conducted by Seventh Generation).
This school year, Seventh Generation is sharing tips from best-selling author and pediatrician, Dr. Alan Greene, to help parents protect their child´s health during back-to-school season. Dr. Greene suggests taking the following precautions:
Optimize the immune system
- Reap the benefits of probiotics like those found in yogurt. A recent study showed that children who received enough probiotics daily throughout the cold and flu season had a significant reduction in the number of illnesses they had and, when they did get sick, the symptoms were both milder and didn't last as long.
- Be sure your child is getting plenty of vitamin D from the sun, from food, or from a supplement.
- Build a strong foundation. Good food, good sleep, and good physical activity all help the immune system to flourish.
- Be wise about reducing unnecessary exposure to harmful germs
- Teach children the key times to clean their hands in the classroom. The most important times include after sneezing, coughing or using the restroom, upon leaving "high-risk" places (recess, naptime, play stations) and before meals or snacks.
History of germs (video courtesy of Seventh Generation)
ENTER TO WIN
To win this wonderful tote bag filled with Seventh Generation products, just visit the Seventh Generation website than return to leave us a comment telling us what product you would most like to try from their fine line of eco-friendly products. Deadline is August 20, 2010 at midnight EST. Open to US residents only.
More Chances to Win
Extra entries for:
- Linking to this contest
- Subscribing to our feed, follow us on Twitter or following us with Blogger,
- Having a link or button to the Goodies for Mom site on your site
- Tweeting about this giveaway
P.S. You can get great coupons for Seventh Generations products by clicking here and joining the Seventh Generation Nation.
About Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation is committed to becoming the world's most trusted brand of authentic, safe, and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. For information on Seventh Generation cleaning, paper, baby and feminine personal care products, to find store locations, and explore the company's website visit http://www.seventhgeneration.com/.
Disclaimer: We received the products, gift pack, and an aadditional gift pack to give away free of charge from Seventh Generation through MyBlogSpark.