Monday, March 24, 2008

Baby Safety Line Helps Ensure No Baby is Left Behind

It is to imagine but last year in the U.S., 35 children died of hyperthermia after being left in cars. From 1998 to 2007, 361 children died (CBS4.com, 2008).

Forgotten by those that love them most. Why? Not intentional of course. People become so busy that sometimes their days become a blur, moving along in auto pilot.Waking up each day, geting ready for work, getting the children ready, off to work and...Oh no, you forget your baby in the car!

Carlos Perez and his wife from Ft. Lauderdale, FL know first hand that it can happen to anyone.

According to Perez:

"My wife and I went out to eat with our two children. It was routine when stopping any where, I would automatically get my son out of my side of the car and my wife would get my daughter on the other side of the car. Not this time! My wife was on her cell phone talking to her mom and when she walked into the restaurant with my daughter missing she immediately could tell something was wrong by the look on my face. When I asked where she was, our hearts fell and we ran to the car to find her screaming and banging on the window in fear. We will never forget that moment and the worst didn’t happen to me as it has to many others."

The Perezes were determined to make sure it did not happen to them or anyone else again. Their solution: The Baby Safety Line.

How it works:

  1. Connect the end of the safety line to the base of the baby car seat with the included peal and stick hook.
  2. Connect the other end of the safety line to your car key after you get in the car.
  3. When you reach your location, just disconnect the baby safety line from your keys to help you remember to get the baby out.

[Learn more]

0 comments: