Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Win a Free Ride to BlogHer ’09 from Mabel’s Labels

I just go an e-mail today from the wonderful folks at Mabel's Labels. They are running the most fabulous contest for bloggers.

Mabel’s Labels is searching for a blogger to send to BlogHer ’09. The grand prize winner will receive a trip to BogHer’s Annual Conference in Chicago, IL from July 24-25, 2009. The winning blogger will be featured as the event’s chief correspondent on the Mabel’s Labels blog. Ok, gets even better, the grand prize includes flight, two-day conference pass and two nights paid at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers.

HOW TO ENTER
Just write a post answering the following question:

  1. What have been the rewards and benefits of participating in the blogging community? (minimum 250 words)
  2. Link the post back to http://www.blogcontest.mabel.ca/,
  3. Tag the post as Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ’09 Contest, and
  4. Finally e-mail blogcontest@mabel.ca the link to your post!

Deadline to Enter: 12:00pm EST Monday February 9, 2009

HERE IS MY ENTRY
[Of course, who would not what to win this fabulous trip?!?!? Hmm, who do I need to beg, plead with, and/or bribe to pick me? ;) How about leaving me some comments pleading my case? PLEASE!!!!]

The biggest benefit I have found from blogging has been the incredible connections I have made with the other wonderful entrepreneurs, woman, and mothers that are part of the blogging family. I have had the opportunity to learn about products, businesses, and people I would never have known if it were not for blogging.

In addition, I have been given the unique privilege of trying more new products in the last year than I have in my entire life. I LOVE checking my mailbox each week to see if anything new has arrived to review. It is so exciting to share my new finds with my readers as if I were sharing it with my best friends over lunch. Oh wait, after I blog about it I do tell all my friends about the stuff over lunch also!

However, the very best part of blogging is the opportunity to be able to offer giveaways to my readers. It is so fun to read the excitement in the response e-mails that I get from the winners, and later to hear from them after they receive their prizes telling me how much they love them. Then there are the e-mails I get from the sponsoring vendors with the excitement they get out of reading the comments that people leave about their products after the readers have visited their site. It is a win-win-win situation. The business wins because they receive publicity and lots of traffic for their company for little to no cost, the prize winner gets a great prize for the small fee of a site visit and comment, and I get to be the one to be able to bring the two together. I think that makes me the biggest winner of all!

1 comments:

Lil Boo & Co. said...

Thanks for blogging about this...not only am I going to share it with my readers, but I also really want to go to BlogHer '09 this year...what a great opportunity to win a trip there!! Woohoo! I love Mabel's Labels...they are truly the best out there!! :)

Thanks!